Kasa cameras are equipped with inbuilt microphones to capture audio. The microphone begins recording audio as soon as its motion sensor gets a trigger.
This may be impressive, but some users report that the Kasa camera sometimes records videos with no sound.
So how do you fix Kansa camera Recordings Have No Sound issue?
Here’s what you should do:
- Firmware updates: Always check for software updates the moment you start facing audio issues
- Reconfigure app settings: Ensure you grant microphone access permission to the Kasa app for the camera to record clips with audio
- Check the power source: Insufficient power supply to the audio system of the Kasa camera may result in poor audio output or no audio at all
- Good Internet connection: Ensure you connect the camera to a stable internet connection, receiving enough WiFi signals
We will discuss detailed tips and solutions in this article to help deal with your Kasa camera audio problem.
Kasa Camera Audio Problem: Reasons Why The Recordings Have No Sound
Your Kasa Camera audio may have no sound due to internet connectivity issues, disabled recording settings, insufficient power, or outdated software. Sometimes the recordings may not have sound due to poor internet connection or internal issues.
There are a few possible fixes you can try to resolve the Kasa camera’s audio problems. We will discuss a complete breakdown of these solutions in the section below.
8 Ways to Fix Kasa Camera Audio Problem
We’ve put together a list of solutions to help you fix your camera to get it to record audio as usual.
1. Update the Device Software
Failing to update the device software could lead to many camera problems, such as the audio failing to record or the camera not working. It’s often just a software bug or glitches in the system.
The manufacturers periodically release an update to fix the bugs or errors that your camera might have. Therefore, always check for software updates if you start facing audio issues and ensure your camera is running on the latest software version.
Here is how to update the Kasa camera software:
- Launch the Kasa app on your smartphone
- Open “Device Settings”
- Scroll downward and click “Firmware Updates”
The operating system or firmware functions to help your camera communicate wirelessly with the router. Therefore, issues with the software could lead to your device disconnecting from the WiFi and poor audio output.
2. Configure Settings
The Kasa app requires microphone access permission on your device for the camera to record clips with audio. If you turn off the microphone on your device or deny permission, your recordings will have no sound.
If you notice that your camera does not record audio, you need to reconfigure the settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start by opening the Kasa app on your smartphone or tablet
- Select the Kasa cam from your “Cameras” list to access its settings
- Navigate to the “Device Settings” page
- Select “Privacy and Sensitivity”
- Then, in the list, you will identify three options, one of which is “Record Video and Audio.”
- Now select “Record Video and Audio” to start recording audio.
Once you configure the settings, try to move and talk to the camera to verify if you’ve fixed the issue.
3. Check the Power Source
When there is an insufficient power supply to the Kasa camera’s audio system, the system’s performance dwindles, resulting in poor audio output or no audio at all.
If you have a Kasa camera that operates on battery power, the camera will not function when the batteries die. Other issues such as audio and connectivity issues will arise.
We recommend using DC power supplies for Kasa cameras that use power adapters to provide consistent power. Ensure there are no cable breaks and that the socket functions properly.
4. Check the Internet Connection
The Kasa camera requires a strong and stable internet connection to function properly. An unstable internet connection will affect your camera’s video recording, audio capturing, and two-way audio.
Here is what you need to make sure of:
- You should ensure your camera is connected to the internet and receiving enough WiFi signals.
- Your WiFi upload speed should be at least 2 Mbps to ensure smooth operation. This is because the camera depends on the internet speed to upload the recorded footage to the cloud.
- Ensure your router position is not far from the camera. The camera should be within a direct line of sight to the router.
- Ensure there are no appliances or thick walls between the camera and the router. Walls and appliances such as microwaves or Bluetooth devices usually cause interferences and might lead to unstable connections.
5. Remove the Camera and Reinstall the Kasa Smart App
Removing and re-adding the Cam from the Kasa app is an effective way of resolving audio issues.
Follow these steps to remove Kasa Cam:
- Open the Kasa App on your device
- Tap on the camera settings icon from the camera’s page
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Delete Device” to confirm
If you still get no audio from the camera, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the Kasa app. This updates the Cam and the app to the latest version while clearing its related cache. After reinstallation, personalized app settings will revert to their factory defaults. You’ll have to grant app permissions once again.
- Power Cycle the Kasa Camera
Power cycling the system refreshes hardware and internals and clears any held-back charges. It also helps the camera to reload its firmware, get rid of bugs and errors, and refresh its connections.
To power cycle the Kasa camera:
- Empty the batteries, if any, or remove the power supply
- Then wait for at least 15 seconds
- Once the wait is over, return the batteries or the power source
- Now power on the camera as usual
7. Reset the Kasa Cam
If none of the above solutions work, try resetting your Kasa camera. Factory resetting the Cam erases all your data and recorded videos from the camera and returns it to its default settings. This solution may fix errors, bugs, and glitches affecting your device’s audio.
Follow these steps to reset your Kasa Cam:
- Locate the reset button behind the camera
- Long press the button for 10 – 15 seconds
- Your camera will reset when the LED blinks amber
- Once the reset process is over, reconnect the camera to a WiFi
No More Audio Problems
Having Kasa cameras with audio features is very beneficial, especially for listening to what is happening around your home when you are away. The camera also detects sound and alerts you if it hears an intruder in or around your home.
Sometimes audio problems on Kasa cameras could be caused by as a disconnected cable, interupted connection, or bad placement. To avoid such circumstances from occurring in the future, here are some things you can do:
- Ensure your camera gets the right voltage it requires to function. A higher or lower voltage could lead to poor performance or a breakage in the camera. When you get no sound during recordings, the problem could be the voltage supply.
- Ensure the camera has good cabling. Bad cable connections usually lead to an insufficient power supply, a slow internet connection, signal interference, and dropouts in the video and audio transmission. It might also lead to a device malfunction.
- Place your camera in the right place. Placing your camera in the right location and away from obstacles prevents audio interference.
- Clear the camera area by removing debris and particles that may prevent the audio reception also ensures your audio reception is better and clear.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Kasa Cameras Have Audio?
All Kasa cameras have internal audio capabilities built into the camera itself. You can access this function by opening the Kasa app and navigating to the “Device Settings” page.
How Do Adjust You the Kasa Camera’s Volume From the App?
To adjust the volume of the Kasa camera from the Kasa app:
1. Launch the Kasa smart app and select the camera tab
2. Pick the Kasa cam that requires volume adjustment from your “Cameras” list
3. You should see a speaker button in the bottom right corner
4. Click the button and slide to adjust the microphone volume on the camera
Do Kasa Cameras Support 24/7 Recording?
Kasa cameras support 24/7 uninterrupted recordings. You can save the recordings for up to 30 days on the cloud, or you could continuously save them on local storage via a microSD card up to 256GB.
And there you have it, an extensive guide outlining various fixes to resolve audio problems on a Kasa camera! Your camera’s audio should be running smoothly with the above-mentioned solutions.
But if all the fixes fail to work on your Kasa camera, you should contact the customer service team for further assistance. Also, you don’t have to worry if your camera is under warranty. You can easily replace it from the store or manufacturer where you purchased it.